Happy Friday! So the last couple of months I have been in the process of growing my eyebrows back to their original “bushiness.”My brows are naturally pretty thick, when I was younger I detested them would stupidly wax/thread them into thin arches. However over the years I realized the thicker the brow the more youthful you appear. The best tips to grow your brows out; is be patient this will not happen overnight ladies, take biotin vitamins, at night rub on some coconut or olive oil with a cotton ball, and wash off with warm water in the morning, resist the urge to pluck in the new hairs, and take a picture with your”brow goal” that way the esthetician will have an idea of what look you are going for. Good luck! Thanks for reading. Xox0.
Hello! I love to add subtle shimmer on my face all the while adding an overall glow. I have a slight obsession with highlighter and seemed to have accumulated a few different brands. They all give a slightly different look and different “shade of glow”so depending on what look I am going for is how I decide which one to use. Here are some of my favorite highlighters! Thanks for reading.
Hello! So I know it SO easy to walk into a Sephora or Ulta and spend way more than you planned..I do it ALL the time..I know that buying high end makeup and skincare feels luxurious and it is easy to feel like that it automatically makes it better than cheaper brands. However that is not always the cases and I have a couple dupes that work just as well as the higher priced products. Thanks for reading. Xoxo.
Splurge: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam $35 at Sephora. This reformulated skin care essential purifies the complexion and promotes a look of inner radiance. A dose of micro white powder helps remove dead surface cells to boost clarity and luminosity.
Steal: Pacifica Rice Bright Skin Cleansing Paste $14 at Ulta. Pacifica’s innovative version of an ancient cleansing paste is a simple way to experience the gentle benefits of rice, beloved for its brightening and cleansing properties. It also has rice extract and natural lemongrass powder, that works as a skin toner than helps diminish the appearance of pores.
Splurge: Korres Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial $48 at Sephora. An overnight facial-in-a-jar to address uneven skintone while improving skin texture for a brighter, more luminous complexion in as little as one night.
Steal: Lumene Vitamin C + Nourishing Night Care $19 at Ulta. Rich, velvety soft cream to nourish and provide deep care for your skin throughout the night. Unique capsulation technology ensures the long-lasting effects of vitamin C to protect and brighten skin.
Splurge: Fresh Floral Toner $40 at Sephora. A hydrating and soothing toner blooming with aromatic floral waters to moisturize the skin. Ideal for prepping the skin for serums and creams, setting makeup, and refreshing the complexion throughout the day.
Steal: Botanics Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz $8 at Target. This skin toner from uses rosewater and other organic ingredients to visibly tighten pores and remove those last traces of makeup. Ideal to apply day or night, it naturally cleanses without drying the skin, leaving it smooth, supple and toned. Simply spritz after washing your face to prepare your skin for your daytime moisturizer or night cream.
Splurge: Lancome EAU Fraiche Douceur Micellar Water $38 at Sephora. In one step, this refreshing cleansing water with Micellar Technology and soothing Rose de France lifts and removes impurities and even waterproof, long-lasting face, eye, and lip makeup. Skin is purified, toned, and revitalized.
Steal: Pacifica Cactus Micellar Water Cleansing Tonic- $12 at Ulta. Powerful yet gentle, this innovative tonic water by Pacifica helps capture and lift away dirt, oil, impurities and makeup, without harsh rubbing or even rinsing. Cactus water has a history of toning, and hydrating.
Hello. It has been a good run but it was finally time to retire the bangs after 10 years. I have been trying to get out of my comfort zone lately…so I have been trying new foods, exploring Dallas, cooking new recipes, and letting go of the past. My bangs felt like a big part of the past so today at the salon my hairdresser and I decided it was time to move on from them. I feel more mature, sexy, and age appropriate without them. With a new outlook on life I thought it be fitting that my appearance go with it. I hope everyone has a wonderful summer. Thanks for reading. Xoxo.
Hello! So at this time of the year our skin tends to get a bit of dry or if you’re me extremely dry. I believe that healthy skin is beautiful skin which means during these harsher weather months you need to be HYDRATING! One of the first steps to ensuring your skin stays dewy and fresh you need to be using a face wash with the right ingredients. Just because it say’s it will hydrate your skin doesn’t mean it really will. Here are my top 5 favorite hydrating facial washes. Thanks for reading. Xoxo.
- Glamglow Thirsty Cleanse $39 at Sephora. It contains Brazilian yellow clay to help to remineralize the skin, pure green coconut water to immediately boost skin for intense hydration, olive milk rich in olive lipids and proteins to replenish skin, and plumeria flower blossom extract rich in omega 3, 6, and 9 to restore the skin barrier function. Indian gooseberry revitalizes and restores natural skin clarity. It will leave your skin feeling looking feeling beautiful.
- Boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil Gel $28 at Sephora. This cleansing oil hydrates and replenishes, leaving skin silky smooth. A signature, lightweight botanical blend of tsubaki oil (camellia oil), wakame (Japanese sea kelp), and rice bran oil hydrates, smooths, and protects for the appearance of firm, youthful skin.
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser $38 at Sephora. The Soy Face Cleanser from Fresh instantly whisks away everyday impurities and makeup—even mascara—without stripping the skin of essential moisture. Rich in amino acids, soy proteins support moisture retention, giving skin the appearance of elasticity and firmness while rosewater balances and tones the skin
- NARS Gentle Cream Cleanser $29 at Sephora.-This creamy, moisture-rich formula helps maintain skin’s moisture balance while removing makeup and impurities. Formulated with NARS exclusive Light Reflecting Complex™, Gentle Cream Cleanser contains wild rose extract, chamomile, and monoi oil, a natural oil known for its hydrating and moisturizing abilities.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Rich Cream Cleanser $32 at Sephora. This rich and creamy cleanser is formulated with rich emollients and an enriched mineral water blend, and its avocado butter infusion of jojoba, avocado, and grape seed oils leaves skin with a cushiony, comfortable feel. Ideal for normal to extra-dry skin types, it gently and effectively removes impurities so that skin still appears soft, smooth, and supple.
Hello! As with the transition from fall to winter came I decided that my hair also needed to transition with the climate change…I decided to do the balayage hair technique. It is super flattering, natural looking, and looks good all year around. You still need to use shampoo for color treated hair and heat protectors. With balayage it grows out beautifully and looks natural which means less visits to the salon and helps save money! I recommend this look for anyone who wants to change up their hair color but does not want a high maintenance look. Thank you for reading! Xoxo.
Happy Friday! Lately I have been gravitating towards longer nails, with a bit of a pointed shape, and lighter shades. Lighter colors are chic, work appropriate, and sexy in a understated way.
For fall, lighter shades of brown, grey, and pinks are the perfect hues to go on your beautiful hands and toes. Dark reds, dark blues, and dark purples are beautiful colors to wear when you start transitioning your look from fall to winter. Have a beautiful and safe weekend everyone! Thanks for reading. Xoxo.